• Explain what is meant by “Markup Languages” such as HTML and XML.
• Explain what is meant by “High-Level Languages” such as Python, Java, C#.NET)
• Conduct a discussion to compare and contrast the following types of programming languages: Markup, Scripting, High-level.
• Create a first web page using HTML
• Complete a quiz to affirm their comprehension of Markup, Scripting, and High-level languages and when these languages are needed to provide solutions for example problem situations (E.g. Website development, Standalone desktop applications, Data transfer and persistence, Prototyping and Rapid Application Development (RAD))
• Explain Agile UI Prototyping techniques and how this relates to their first and second assignments.
• Explain how to use Gliffy and MS Visio for Agile UI prototype design.
• Design their UI prototype for their quiz for the first and second assignments.
• Confirm with students that today’s lesson learning objectives have been met.
• Provide general Q&A student support.